Saturday, April 6, 2013

Beans & Veggie salad!

Today I woke up late (like really late at noon). So almost the whole day was over and I was feeling so lazy. I was very hungry as well. So I made myself a cup of chai/tea and looked in my pantry and fridge. I was super bored to cook or cut anything and I wanted to eat something healthy!

So first I thought maybe I should toss up a salad but I didn't want to eat any lettuce or spinach! So after taking another look at the groceries I decided to make a bean and veggies salad. It was ready in few mins and tasted so yummy yet simple and clean.

1 cup Kidney Beans/Rajma (cooked or use 1 can washed & drained)
1 cup Garbanzo beans/Chole Channa (cooked or use 1 can washed & drained)
1 avocado chopped (cut open, throw the seed and the outer cover, and chop into pieces)
1-2 stalks of green onions chopped (use both the green and white part)
1 tomato chopped or use 8-10 cherry tomatoes
2-3 tbsp Alpha Alpha Sprouts (optional)
1 small onion chopped (optional)
1 tsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt & pepper

Mix the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl and keep aside.
Take a big salad mixing bowl. Add the beans, tomatoes, onions, green onions, avocado, alpha aplha sprouts. Now add the oil dressing and mix well.
Adjust salt and lemon.

Note:
I use Vadalia Onions (only the white part as I had this at home)
You can add any kinds of beans like balck beans, pinto beans, red beans etc.
You can add any veggies of your choice.
You can add more olive oil but I wanted to keep the recipe healthy.
If you don't get alpha alpha sprouts don't worry the salad still tastes great.




No comments:

Post a Comment