Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Stirfried Cabbage with Shrimp


Yes! I am still surviving my healthy eating habits and thoroughly enjoying it. I have learned to use my cooking skills and create healthy and tasty dishes.
So as usual I was at our local farmer's market looking through the produce section. I was bored of eating grilled veggies.. well let me tell you I was very tempted to pick up a good steak and grill it. I had to literally talk fat Shilpa out of it and remind he that 30 years of eating rich food has shown its effect and I shouldn't try to enhance it. Well she can be manipulated easily at times and so healthy Shilpa won the debate and I picked up a fresh purple cabbage, some fruits and headed home.

So here goes my recipe for a tasty cabbage stir fry...

1 cabbage (white/purple) chopped lengthwise
6-8 big Shrimp (optional) cleaned
2-3 cloves garlic chopped
2 dry red chillies broken into 2-3 pieces
2 tbspn low sodium soy sauce (I use the vegetarian mushroom flavored soy sauce)
1 tsp olive oil

Heat a wok and add the oil. Add the chopped garlic and chillies and  let it sizzle. Fry for a min and add the shrimp now if using it. Stir fry till they turn pink. Now add the cabbage and stir fry for 5 mins. Add the soy sauce and give it a good stir. Stir fry till the cabbage is cooked.
I like to leave a little crunch to the cabbage.

Note:

I have made this dish without shrimp and it turns out well.
I use this as a low calorie diet food for lunch/dinner so I eat it by itself.
You can serve it with some grilled chicken if you are not adding shrimp.
You can use plain low sodium soy sauce and use any other seasonings of your choice.






No comments:

Post a Comment