Monday, May 13, 2013

Noodle Soup


When you are on a full blown cleaning spree and have no time to cook something elaborate, this is  the end result, a yummy soup. I am not sure how healthy the noodle part is but the clear soup is surely very healthy. I just added the noodle so it would be a filling bowl of soup and suffice both of us.
I had lots of chicken broth from boiling chicken, to make chicken salad for pita pocket sandwiches for our lunch. I always save the broth and make soups or use it for fried rice, it gives the rice great flavor.

Here goes the recipe

2 cups chicken broth (boil chicken till it is cooked removed chicken and use broth - I used plain skinless chicken breasts)
1/2 cup shredded boiled chicken
Rice noodles or any noodles or pasta
2-3 tbspn green/spring onion
1/4 tsp red chili paste/sauce (I used Sriracha)
Salt & pepper

Heat the broth if it is cold add 1 cup water to it and boil add the rice noodles or pasta, shredded chicken, some green onion, chili paste, salt & pepper.
Let it boil adjust seasoning. Once the rice noodles are cooked put them in a bowl and garnish wth more green onions.
Enjoy a cup of this soup on a rainy day!

Note:
My Chinese friend Z once told me when you boil chicken or any meat to make the broth they first place the chicken in a pot add cold water and once it boils they throw away that water and refill the pot and let it boil again. This ensures all the fat and toxins from the meat are washed away.
Guess this is one of the tricks the Chinese use to remain skinny ;)  I have started doing the same!


No comments:

Post a Comment