Friday, November 16, 2012

Grilled Salmon Salad



Salads are something Kartick is good with. He can toss up few veggies and make them taste so good. He makes sure we have salads and grilled veggies often. He loves to use his George Foreman grill often. I was all by myself for lunch that day and considering that I didn't have any groceries and had enough veggies for a quick salad I decided to toss a salad for lunch. And of course I had to add some meat to it. Since its all about being healthy I thought what could be healthier than a piece of grilled fish ;)
So I made this salad exactly like Kartick does and just topped it with a piece of grilled fish and voila I had a yummy and healthy lunch ready in just few minutes.I enjoyed this lunch in my living room on the couch watching Gossip Girl though I must admit I was tempted to open a bottle of wine..Surely a glass of Pinot Noir would go well with this salad!

Ingredients:

1 cup Baby Spinach
Lettuce (I am not a big fan of lettuce so I avoid it in my salads)
1/2 cup Shredded carrots
1 tomato sliced or 1/2 cup grape tomatoes cut into half
1 cucumber sliced
1 tbspn Feta cheese
Salad dressing - you can use store bought Italian vinaigrette or just mix together 1 tbspn olive oil, juice of half a lemon or an orange, salt, 1/2 tsp oregano or Italian herb mix
1 piece of fish (I used salmon you can use any firm variety)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
salt& pepper to taste
PAM Olive Oil Spray/ Olive oil

Wash the fish if using fillet if not remove scales and clean it well and wash it. Mix together garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper with few drops of olive oil and rub this on the fish & marinate for 15 mins.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and put the fish in a oven safe dish lined with foil and sprayed with PAM spray or lightly greased with olive oil. Now grill this fish in the oven for 15-20 mins and broil for a minute.

While the fish is cooking wash and chop/shred your veggies - now take a salad bowl mix together all veggies, add the dressing and toss the salad well. Now garnish with feta cheese and add the grilled fish on top or on side.

Note:
I buy store bought shredded carrots if you don't want to shred you can chop the carrots into sticks
If you don't have garlic powder and onion powder simply marinate the fish in chopped garlic or garlic paste, salt & pepper or any spices of your choice
You can use any dressing of your choice I also like Raspberry vinaigrette but I don't like the creamy dressings.
If you are making the salad dressing make sure the dressing is made at least 15mins in advance before adding to the veggies, letting all the ingredients in it blend well.
If you don't have an oven you can simply pan fry the fish in very little oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment