Friday, November 9, 2012

Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes



Kartick (my hubby) sometimes complains of my food being too spicy (yeah I am guilty of cooking spicy food but I take care when I cook for friends to not go overboard with spices). So today I decided to make a continental meal. I didn't have many ingredients at hand and then again both of us didn't want to step out to go to Walmart.

So I decided to make some Fish Bechamel (Fish in white sauce)and Mashed potatoes and serve it with toast. I will soon post the recipe for Bechamel -I spiced the bechamel a bit with turmeric and red chilli powder but ensured it was not spicy.

The result was a simple and tasty meal.. So here goes the recipe for the mashed potatoes:

4 Potatoes
2-3 tbsp Milk
2-3 garlic cloves minced or 1 tsp Garlic powder
1 tbsp butter melted(I used a low cal butter spread)
2 tbsp Parsley chopped (optional)
Salt & pepper

Boil potatoes. I cooked them in the microwave as its faster and I don't have to bring out my big pressure cooker. Just take a big microwave safe bowl add some water keep the potatoes in them next to each other. Cook for 10 mins then turn the potatoes and cook for another 10 mins (may take little longer depending on your microwave). Then peel the skin off and mash the potatoes with a masher or with the back of a big wooden spoon/ladle. You can also blend it once with a hand blender if you have one (I did this). Then add the milk,butter, garlic, salt and pepper and mix well. Garnish with some parsley.

Note:
You can skip the garlic and make plain mashed potatoes
You can add more or less milk & butter according to your taste

No comments:

Post a Comment