Thursday, January 31, 2013

Oven Roasted Fish with veggies

 I am a big seafood fan and can eat fish almost everyday. Back home in Bombay my Amma makes the best fish curry, rice and fish fry.. ohh I am already drooling. She knows how much I love fish so when I land in Bombay dinner that night is always Halwa/Black pomfret ghassi, fry and rice Yum!!
Here we don't get fresh seafood and even if we do it's limited only to Catfish & Tilapia so I miss fresh seafood a lot. When I visited my cousin in California over the break she made sure I had good seafood meals during my stay there.
Edamame is soy bean and is very nutritious. It's very common in Japanese (Sushi) restaurants.

I had some frozen tilapia fillets in my freezer and I had some frozen edamame and fresh broccoli.
I was very bored to chop anything or fry the fish. So I decided on a one pot meal. So here goes the recipe:

1 lb fish fillets (you can use any firm fish)
Vegetables (wash and chop veggies -I used broccoli and beans but you can use any veggies)
1 tsp Italian herbs/oregano
1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
1-2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp Pepper powder
Olive oil
Salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Defrost fish if using frozen. Now mix the Italian herbs, red chilli flakes, pepper, salt and garlic powder with olive oil.
Rub some of this mixture on the fish and remaining on the veggies. Make sure all the veggies and fish are coated with it. Let it marinate for 15 mins.

Now grease an oven safe tray with very little olive oil and place the fish in the center and veggies all around and bake for 20-25 mins and broil for 2 mins.

Enjoy!

Note:
Once you finish baking for 20mins check with a fork if the fish is cooked if not bake for few more mins and then broil once the fish is cooked.
While using veggies ensure you use veggies which cook fast as root veggies like potato etc. may take longer and may need more time than the fish. So it's better they are in separate dishes while in the oven. So you don't overcook the fish.








No comments:

Post a Comment